101 Fly Fishing Tips for Beginners: Tip #17: Basic Tools for Tying Flies and Tip #18: Tying your Fly to the Tippet
101 Fly Fishing Tips for Beginners: Tip #17: Basic Tools for Tying Flies and Tip #18: Tying your Fly to the Tippet There are some basic tools that you’ll need for tying flies. This includes:
• A bobbin to hold the thread while you’re tying.
• A vice to hold the hook while you’re tying.
• Hackle pliers to keep a firm hold on delicate and small feathers.
• Needle point scissors for cutting and trimming materials.
• A bodkin and half-hitch tool for help tying the half-hitch knot.
• A vise material clip for holding all the materials firmly in one
• Head cement that is used for both gluing and to add a finish.
Tip #18: Tying your Fly to the Tippet
You may find that there are times when you have difficulty tying the fly to the tippet. This can happen whether you’re in the water or up on the bank.
A good trick to help you is to hold the fly up against a background that is single colored, such as the sky. The background will be able to help you see the fly easier and tie it to the tippet.
Copyright © 2021-2022 https://1-stop-sporting-goods.com All Rights Reserved